Genetic Bone Marrow for Karyotyping Leukemia DNA Test
Bone marrow is the flexible tissue in the interior of bones. In humans, red blood cells are produced by cores of bone marrow in the heads of long bones in a process known as hematopoiesis. On average, bone marrow constitutes 4% of the total body mass of humans; in an adult weighing 65 kilograms (143 lb), bone marrow typically accounts for approximately 2.6 kilograms (5.7 lb). The hematopoietic component of bone marrow produces approximately 500 billion blood cells per day, which use the bone marrow vasculature as a conduit to the body's systemic circulation. Bone marrow is also a key component of the lymphatic system, producing the lymphocytes that support the body's immune system.
Bone marrow transplants can be conducted to treat severe diseases of the bone marrow, including certain forms of cancer. Additionally, bone marrow stem cells have been successfully transformed into functional neural cells, and can also potentially be used to treat illnesses such as inflammatory bowel disease.
Testing is usually performed either on a bone marrow, blood, or tumor sample that has been biopsied or removed for diagnosis. Your doctor will send the specimens are sent to a laboratory for analysis.
At the laboratory, cells are grown in tissue culture, and chromosomes are separated from dividing cells for evaluation. A clinical cytogeneticist will analyze your chromosomes under a microscope.
Test results will be available to your doctor within 7 to 10 days
Chromosome Analysis/Cytogenetics/Karyotype testing is intended to identify chromosomal changes that may be associated with certain blood disorders or cancer. This test may identify other chromosomal changes not associated with cancer.
This test cannot identify certain inherited gene variations which might have increased your risk of cancer. It does not explain why a patient may develop cancer at an early age, or why they have family members with cancer.
The results of Chromosome Analysis/Cytogenetics/Karyotype testing can help your doctor provide an accurate diagnosis and select the most appropriate treatment for you.
The significance of an abnormal result will differ depending on your disease. In some diseases such as myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) or chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), your test result is used to confirm a diagnosis. In these and other diseases, an abnormal result provides a prognosis (aggressiveness of disease).
Your doctor may request additional testing to determine a diagnosis and appropriate treatment, if your test result is normal. Your doctor will discuss the available tests with you.
|Reporting Time :||7 Days (From the day sample reaches our Lab)|
|Bone Marrow / Peripheral blood||Sodium Heparin Vacutainer (2ml)|
At DNA Labs India, we are dedicated to quality DNA testing. We know that you need accurate, reliable results for such an important test, and we are committed to providing you with high quality DNA testing services. By choosing DNA Labs India, you will receive the highest quality, most conclusive results in the industry.
- AABB: The AABB is a United States-based professional body and standards organization that was founded in 1947 as the American Association of Blood Banks.
- NATA: The National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation provides a means of determining, recognizing and promoting the competence of facilities to perform specific types of testing and provides formal recognition to competent testing facilities, thus providing a ready means for customers to identify and select reliable testing services.
- ISO 17025 is the global standard for the technical competence of calibration and testing labs
- The A2LA is the largest multi-discipline laboratory accreditation system in the United States and is recognized by Accreditation Bodies in the European Union and other International Communities.
- In light of the amendment of ISO 9001:2008, the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) have issued a revised communiqué declaring that the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 meet the principles of ISO 9001:2008.
- CAP: The College of American Pathologists, the principal organization of board-certified pathologists, serves and represents the interest of patients, pathologists, and the public by fostering excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in 1988 establishing quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.
- The International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) first started as a conference in 1977 with the aim of developing international cooperation for facilitating trade by promotion of the acceptance of accredited test and calibration results.
- FDA: Swabs and lancets are sterilized in accordance with ANSI/AMMI/ISO Guidelines and are validated as "sterile" by third party FDA registered facilities. You may have total confidence in knowing that the products used to collect your samples are in compliance with the strictest requirements in the world, ensuring your safety and personal health.
Collection Centers : Mumbai Delhi Kolkata Bangalore Chennai Ahmedabad Hyderabad Pune Kanpur Surat Jaipur Lucknow Nagpur Indore Bhopal Ludhiana Patna Vadodra Thane Agra Kalyan Dombivali Varanasi Nashik Meerut Faridabad Haora Pimpri Chinchwad Allahabad Amritsar Vishakhapatnam Ghaziabad Rajkot Jabalpur Coimbatore Madurai Srinagar Solapur Aurangabad Ranchi Jodhpur Gwalior Vijaywad Chandigarh Guwahati Hubli Dharwad Tiruchirappalli Trivandrum Mysore Navi Mumbai Jalandhar Bareilly Kota Salem Aligarh Bhubaneshwar Moradabad Gorakhpur Rajpur Bhiwandi Kochi Jamshedpur Bhilai Nagar Amravati Cuttack Bikaner Warangal Mira Bhayandar Guntur Bhavnagar Durgapur Asansol Ajmer Kolhapur Ulhasnagar Siliguri Saharanpur Dehradun Jamnagar Bhatpara Sangli Miraj Kupwad Kozhikode Nanded Waghala Ujjain Gulbarga Tirunelveli Malegaon Akola Belgaum Mangalore Udaipur Maheshtala Jhansi Gaya Nellore Jammu Jalgaon Davanagere Kollam gurgaon noida