Genetic Chromosome Breakage Syndrome For Leukemia DNA Test
Genetic Chromosome Breakage Syndrome For Leukemia DNA Test
Cost 10,000/- Rs 16
Chromosomal breakage syndromes are a group of genetic disorders that are typically transmitted in an autosomal recessive mode of inheritance. In culture, cells from affected individuals exhibit elevated rates of chromosomal breakage or instability, leading to chromosomal rearrangements. The disorders are characterized by a defect in DNA repair mechanisms or genomic instability, and patients with these disorders show increased predisposition to cancer.Call: (079) 30925079
Chromosomal breakage syndromes are relatively rare; most practicing physicians may never see a patient with a chromosomal breakage syndrome. Some of the specific syndromes occur at relatively high rates in certain ethnic groups. Diagnosis is complicated because the symptoms may be varied and complex. These disorders are often lethal.
Patients with ataxia telangiectasia, also known as Louis-Bar syndrome, are hypersensitive to ionizing radiation, while patients with Bloom syndrome, Fanconi anemia, and xeroderma pigmentosum are sensitive to UV radiation. The ataxia telangiectasia Rad3–related (ATR) protein responds to UV damage, whereas the ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) protein responds to double-strand breaks (DSBs) caused by ionizing radiation and radiomimetic compounds.
Table 1 provides a summary outline of the gene symbols, chromosomal locations, radiation sensitivity characteristics, immunodeficiencies, chromosome breakage characteristics, and major cancer risk for each of these disorders.
Table 1. Chromosomal Breakage Syndromes With Neoplasias Caused by Defective DNA Repair
At the laboratory, cells are grown in tissue culture, and chromosomes are separated from dividing cells for evaluation. A clinical cytogeneticist will analyze your chromosomes under a microscope.
Test results will be available to your doctor within 7 to 10 days
Chromosome Analysis/Cytogenetics/Karyotype testing is intended to identify chromosomal changes that may be associated with certain blood disorders or cancer. This test may identify other chromosomal changes not associated with cancer.
This test cannot identify certain inherited gene variations which might have increased your risk of cancer. It does not explain why a patient may develop cancer at an early age, or why they have family members with cancer.
The results of Chromosome Analysis/Cytogenetics/Karyotype testing can help your doctor provide an accurate diagnosis and select the most appropriate treatment for you.
The significance of an abnormal result will differ depending on your disease. In some diseases such as myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) or chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), your test result is used to confirm a diagnosis. In these and other diseases, an abnormal result provides a prognosis (aggressiveness of disease).
Your doctor may request additional testing to determine a diagnosis and appropriate treatment, if your test result is normal. Your doctor will discuss the available tests with you.
|Reporting Time :||15 Days (From the day sample reaches our Lab)|
|Peripheral Blood:||Sodium Heparin Vacutainer (4ml)|
At DNA Labs India, we are dedicated to quality DNA testing. We know that you need accurate, reliable results for such an important test, and we are committed to providing you with high quality DNA testing services. By choosing DNA Labs India, you will receive the highest quality, most conclusive results in the industry.
- AABB: The AABB is a United States-based professional body and standards organization that was founded in 1947 as the American Association of Blood Banks.
- NATA: The National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accreditation provides a means of determining, recognizing and promoting the competence of facilities to perform specific types of testing and provides formal recognition to competent testing facilities, thus providing a ready means for customers to identify and select reliable testing services.
- ISO 17025 is the global standard for the technical competence of calibration and testing labs
- The A2LA is the largest multi-discipline laboratory accreditation system in the United States and is recognized by Accreditation Bodies in the European Union and other International Communities.
- In light of the amendment of ISO 9001:2008, the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), and the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) have issued a revised communiqué declaring that the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 meet the principles of ISO 9001:2008.
- CAP: The College of American Pathologists, the principal organization of board-certified pathologists, serves and represents the interest of patients, pathologists, and the public by fostering excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine.
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in 1988 establishing quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed.
- The International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) first started as a conference in 1977 with the aim of developing international cooperation for facilitating trade by promotion of the acceptance of accredited test and calibration results.
- FDA: Swabs and lancets are sterilized in accordance with ANSI/AMMI/ISO Guidelines and are validated as "sterile" by third party FDA registered facilities. You may have total confidence in knowing that the products used to collect your samples are in compliance with the strictest requirements in the world, ensuring your safety and personal health.
Collection Centers : Mumbai Delhi Kolkata Bangalore Chennai Ahmedabad Hyderabad Pune Kanpur Surat Jaipur Lucknow Nagpur Indore Bhopal Ludhiana Patna Vadodra Thane Agra Kalyan Dombivali Varanasi Nashik Meerut Faridabad Haora Pimpri Chinchwad Allahabad Amritsar Vishakhapatnam Ghaziabad Rajkot Jabalpur Coimbatore Madurai Srinagar Solapur Aurangabad Ranchi Jodhpur Gwalior Vijaywad Chandigarh Guwahati Hubli Dharwad Tiruchirappalli Trivandrum Mysore Navi Mumbai Jalandhar Bareilly Kota Salem Aligarh Bhubaneshwar Moradabad Gorakhpur Rajpur Bhiwandi Kochi Jamshedpur Bhilai Nagar Amravati Cuttack Bikaner Warangal Mira Bhayandar Guntur Bhavnagar Durgapur Asansol Ajmer Kolhapur Ulhasnagar Siliguri Saharanpur Dehradun Jamnagar Bhatpara Sangli Miraj Kupwad Kozhikode Nanded Waghala Ujjain Gulbarga Tirunelveli Malegaon Akola Belgaum Mangalore Udaipur Maheshtala Jhansi Gaya Nellore Jammu Jalgaon Davanagere Kollam gurgaon noida